Monday, October 3, 2011

I did it! I opened my second shop on Etsy!

I am so happy to announce that I have opened my second shop on Etsy....NaNa's Things. It can be found here: http://www.nannasthings.etsy.com/
There was a little setback in naming my shop. I knew it was going to be NaNa's Things from the very beginning, so I had a custom banner made. When I went to register my new shop, my name was not available! It was too similar to other shops on Etsy. Oh, no!! I played around with it and came up with NanNa's Things, which sounds the same, just has an extra "n" in it. So, if you use the above website, when you get on there, the banner reads NaNa's Things. I can reorder the same banner fixed with the new name, and this is something I am contemplating about.

Anyways, I thought I wanted to just list all the things I have collected over the years but going out and finding new, old things is a lot more fun! There is a great shop down the road from me that buys out estate sales and she has the best stuff! So, my shop is going to be full of my old things and the new old things I have been finding, like these dolls - I like to think of them as a new bride and groom because of their clothes and the way their faces are painted...

Wooden Peg Dolls

I've also been having fun taking apart my 1980's jewelry and making something new out of it, like this necklace - that is a brass door lock plate that everything is mounted on.




and this one, which is two old earrings layered together....




I am starting to concentrate on Christmas items. I have the first three plates of the 12 Days of Christmas series from the Royal Grafton fine china company -



And I am making photo ornaments out of vintage puzzle pieces. This is the first one I've made and it has pieces from the General Bear, a puzzle in the Russian Fairy Tale Series by artist Lev Lominago....


I just got my fishing license on September 30th....the season started October 1st. I have had a love of fishing ever since my grandfather took all four of us grandchildren out on the boat on the St. Lawrence River in the 1,000 Islands. I caught a lot of fish and I was hooked (pun intended!).I was maybe 10 years old, or less!  I haven't fished much since then and when my 13 year old son Michael got a nice fishing pole and a lifetime supply of tackle from his Uncle Lou for his birthday, I got hooked again. I started taking him fishing at the local marina, helping him bait the hook and take the fish off until I was chatting one day with the Town Clerk's assistant in Palmyra. She warned me how without a license I could not even help my son. The DEC patrols the area a lot and if you get caught, there is a nice fine to pay. What was I to do? I had to help my son (and get some fishing in myself) so I got a license. This long story has been told to tell you how when I saw this cool fishing lure in a flea market shop, I had to have it. It is a lure for fishing for muskie or pike, those big, ugly fish with teeth. There are even some teeth marks on it! It has a name...it is a Red Eyed Wiggler Spoon fishing lure from the Hofschneider Tackle Co. right here in Rochester, NY.  I knew right away I would make a necklace out of it.
I might have to keep it........


It has an antique gold Boho chain and the capped bead on the bottom is from the bottom of  a 1980's earring of mine.

I have a lot more to list  and I will be doing a lot more shopping for new treasures, so please check my new shop out when you get the chance.  Have a wonderful evening! AnnMarie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".