Monday, October 26, 2015

Candy Corn Oreo Bark




I have an abundance of candy corn in my house right now and I have been craving a chocolate candy bark of some kind. As I was rifling through the hundreds of recipes I have printed from the internet, I came across one for Candy Corn Oreo Bark.

Bingo.



This is a very easy recipe and can be made up quickly to satisfy that chocolate candy bark craving.

Here's the recipe:

Candy Corn Oreo Bark
Makes one 9 x 13 pan
 
10 Oreos, coarsely chopped
1 cup dark chocolate
1 1/2 cups white chocolate
1/2 cup white chocolate to make orange
orange food coloring
candy corn
autumn sprinkles
 
Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with waxed or parchment paper.
Spread the crushed oreos on the bottom.
Melt the dark chocolate and spread it over the Oreos. It won't cover the whole pan.
Melt the 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate.
Spread it over the dark, spreading to cover.
Melt the 1/2 cup white chocolate with the orange food coloring.
Spoon it over the white chocolate and use a toothpick or cake tester to swirl it.
Sprinkle the top with candy corn and sprinkles.
 
Refrigerate until it is hardened and then break apart to eat.
 
Tips:
 
*I used candy melts for the dark and white chocolate.
*I used yellow and red food coloring to make orange.
*Press the candy corn in so they stay when the candy is hardened.
*The bark is too hard to break by hand, but when cutting with a knife, it breaks apart like any other bark.
*Eat the pieces that are too small to serve :-)
 
 
 
Here are pictures of the process if you are interested:
 
I decided last minute not to use the mini M&M's
 


 

 
Just in time for your Halloween or Autumn get togethers!
 
AnnMarie xoxo
 
I am linking up with these fun blog parties:
 
Amaze Me Monday



19 comments :

  1. oh holy, it looks yummmmmmyyyyyyy. i can eat everything now. yes, i want to eat these things. aaaaaaahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!! I'm not a fan of candy corn, but this recipe definitely looks wonderful and I bet the oreos and chocolate offset some of the candy corn flavor. YUM!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word...YUM! I've had something similar but this looks so tasty! Have a "sweet" week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum ! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am another one not a huge fan of candy corn, but bet that is good with just the oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH- You temptress, you! I am off all sugar and here you post this. I LOVE candy corn. I could swim in a bin of it---or rather- eat my way out of the bin. lol It is my favorite Fall candy....sigh....IF I end up eating a bag of it tomorrow I am going to blame YOU- got it?!!! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my son would love that! I like your instructions to eat the ones that are too small to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks pretty tasty and I know my daughter would love it. Thank you, AnnMarie!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so pretty. And I'm sure it's delicious! We love candy corn around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so festive for Halloween and even Thanksgiving. What a great idea for gifts too. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you, so many recipes to choose from. This recipe sounds and looks wonderful, what a great combination of ingredients and could be used all through the Holidays. I think I have seen candy corn in Christmas colors too, even change up the food coloring to red. As you can tell, once I get a recipe Ilike. I stick with it!
    Happy Halloween~
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! My sweet pea would love this! Thanks for another cool recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I'm not a huge fan of candy corn but this sounds like a great combination! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good....I'm so wishing I had a piece right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was looking for a recipe like this...so perfect. Love your tutorial to help us along. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very festive, AnnMarie. I bet your family loves this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this looks so fun and I have a cousin who would love it. She loves candy corn! Me, not so much, but it wouldn't stop me from trying a piece. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".