Saturday, May 6, 2017

A Sweet Gift to Myself


Today I received a very special package in the mail all the way from Oregon.






I have been waiting for a chance to have one of these treasures so I treated myself to one. It is a hand made collage made on a loom with colorful fabrics and pretty appliques and buttons.




A personal note was included.


Some close ups...



The sweet daisies caught my eye. They are my favorite flower.





I originally thought it would go in my kitchen but when I saw it in person, it has all the colors in my bedroom wallpaper and quilt.




I hung it where I can have a view of it every night while reading in bed...




And I will pass by it every time I shimmy around the blanket chest by the window and the end of my bed. Yup, I get to do that in the dark in the middle of the night too!






I wanted to share it with you and where it came from as soon as opened it. If you follow Nancy at A Joyful Cottage then you may already know that she just opened a new shop featuring her charming collages and prints of her husband Dennis' paintings.


Here is sweet Nancy in front of a beautiful handmade rug....




Her shop, A Joyful Cottage Shop, has the tag line "More than a name. It's a lifestyle". Nancy calls herself the cottage lover and her newly built and decorated cottage home is a lovely example of how she and her husband live their lives, cottage style.


This is her blog header


When she first started showing her sweet collages on her blog, I instantly wanted one. But, I live in New York and she lives in Oregon. She recently had a Spring show in her town and I so would have been there if it wasn't on the other side of the world!!


I am currently threatening to visit someday though. I have never been further west than Ohio. Sad, I know.


I am so excited for Nancy and her new adventure with her shop and there is such a great variety of her husband's beautiful watercolor and oil prints.


Her blog is equally charming, where she shares cottage living in the great northwest. She has a feature every Saturday called Living Large in Small Spaces where she finds the most unique, eclectic and beautiful private and vacation homes to take you on a tour of.


I hope you will visit this sweet lady and enjoy her simple way of living and her beautiful handiwork, around her home and in her handmade treasures.


AnnMarie xoxo


I am linking up with these fun blog parties:


"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Happiness is Homemade Link Party

17 comments :

  1. This is so unique and interesting...I am heading over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I'm humbled by your sweet words. You are too kind. It's such a pleasure for me to see one of my collages decorating your bedroom. It's a wonderful complement to your gorgeous quilt. Thank you, AnnMarie, for supporting my work. But more importantly thank you for being my friend. Some day you MUST come to Oregon. We will tour the beautiful mountain countryside where I live, shop until we drop in the charming town of Joseph (about 45 minutes from our home) -- followed by lunch at my favorite cafe -- and a visit to beautiful Wallowa Lake, just a few miles past Joseph. Wouldn't that be fun? Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming handmade pieces like this one make the best art! It's so lovely and I enjoyed learning about Joyful Cottage and plan to visit Nancy's shop and blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new artwork AnnMarie and I certainly enjoyed meeting Joy--I'll have to go check out her shop, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so beautiful! How nice to have such a special thing to look at every day in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what a precious and sweet gift. Nothing says the heart any better than something handmade or homemade. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to hop on over and visit her blog, thanks for letting us know about it, Ann Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently learned of Nancy's new venture and I have to say I'm imoressed with her shop. I have no doubt she will be successful!

    The collage looks beautiful in your room Ann Marie. Enjoy it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't Nancy the sweetest person and so very talented? I'm glad you got something just right for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnnMarie, what a darling gift. You have good taste! It is so sweet and hangs prettily on your charming bedroom wall. I will pay a visit to Nancy's blog. Thanks for your kind words and encouragements to me. I have been to docs of all kinds and it may just be a weakness that I inherited from my dad. It is getting better..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, AnnMarie. How lovely of you to support Nancy's new venture. Thanks for the introduction to her new shop; shall pop over now to have a look.

    Happy weekend,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ann Marie, oh you have such a talented blog friend. I love your pretty wall hanging and it looks great in your bedroom. Enjoy it.
    Have a nice weekend and a Happy Mother's Day.
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful! But, probably not so easy to make. At least not for me anyway. Totally charming. Good eye, great talent by Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, AnnMarie, lovely colors and textures. And yes, Nancy is amazing, both as a person and an artist.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wall hanging is beautiful, AnnMarie, filled with so many pretties to capture the eye. Love all the pretty fabrics, buttons, the sweet daisies and the butterfly. That's a lot of shimmying happening, lovely lady. =) Nancy's pretty looks just right hanging in your bedroom. I am off to visit Nancy's beautiful world. Have a lovely week, lovely AnnMarie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how exciting AnnMarie! I have ordered a collage from Nancy as well, and can't wait for it to arrive! Your collage is gorgeous, and so nice to hang where you can enjoy it every day! Nancy is the sweetest lady, and has impeccable taste in finding the cutest cottages to inspire. I'm so happy that she has decided to open an online store. She does beautiful work... enjoy the gorgeous collage :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always nice to treat ourselves to something special - we do deserve it, don't we? I'm glad your pretty gift brings you such joy on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".